How can you achieve your goals if you haven’t considered or set them yet?
Achieve your goals
How can you achieve your goals if you haven’t considered or set them yet? Did you know that only 3% of adults have written goals, and that the people in that group earn 10 times as much as people who don’t have written goals.
Take a few moments and consider your own goals. Remember what you did when you had to consider your education – it was a long-term plan with guidance from your teachers, mentors and parents whether it was leaving school at 18, or choosing to go to university and beyond. So what’s stopping you?
Set clear goals, create plans for achieving them, and then take action to complete those plans every single day, you become unstoppable. I am going to show you how – email or call me!
In the meantime here are a few tips on setting and achieving your goals.
- BE SPECIFIC. Don’t be vague with terms like ‘some’ or ‘a little bit’ or ‘more’. If you want to save or earn more put a number in place, likewise if it is about losing weight. Your brain can help you accomplish almost anything if it knows precisely what you are aiming for.
- KEEP THEM SIMPLE. Be clear and focused with your goals, don’t overcomplicate them. For example – I want to retire, have a second holiday home, nice cars, lots of money etc. Just make it simple and say I want to retire to ….. likewise if you want to increase your sales by 10%, again just say so.
- MAKE THEM MEASURABLE. You cannot achieve a pound of happiness or self-esteem but you can get a new position or a new job. You can run a mile in under seven minutes or do 100 sit-ups so learn to define your goals and measure your progress until you achieve your desired outcome.
- WRITE THEM DOWN. High achievers always know precisely what they want, because they write it down. Make it short, sharp and re-address them every single morning. This will help you focus on your priorities and objectives.
- SHARE THEM. If we know our team members, friends and family support us we are much more likely to stick to our plan and reach our goals. Being part of a team increases our determination, our stamina and our courage. Find a buddy to help you with your accountability if need be.
- BE CONSISTENT WITH YOUR VALUES. Clarify your values, then set specific, simple, measurable, written goals and share them. When your values and goals are in agreement you will achieve them every single time.
Let’s make this year sensational and legendary. Find and define your life purpose, ask for guidance, set your goals and targets and most of all Master your Mindset.
Don’t ever be afraid to dream too big, nothing is impossible when you truly believe in yourself. After all take a little advice from a man of magic, Walt Disney, he said,
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”